Re: AV equipment

Pat Shufeldt (pashuf@charter.net)
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 19:53:42 -0700 (PDT)

What about getting a DVD/VHS/CD player, unless you're planning to replace the TV
at the same time? Samsung seems to produce some of these combo units with a
decent remote control; readily available at places like Best Buy for around
$230-250. Whatever you purchase, try to find reviews first, or talk to current
owners who play a lot of rented or loaned DVD's. Some DVD players are touchier
than others about planing dirty or slightly damaged DVD's; and the last thing
you need is to have a unit which is less forgiving than those owned by most of
your customers.
Pat Shufeldt
Greenville (SC) County LIbrary System
pashuf@charter.net.