RE: media copyright question

Laroi Lawton (laroi.lawton@bcc.cuny.edu)
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 06:22:33 -0700 (PDT)

This is one of many reasons why I love this listserv.!!!

LaRoi Lawton, Director
Gerald S. Lieblich Learning Resource Center
Library & learning Resources Dept.
Bronx Community College
Bronx, NY 10453
laroi.lawton@bcc.cuny.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Bergman, Barbara J. [mailto:barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu]
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 2:58 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: RE: media copyright question

The person actually pushing the play button is the one liable.
If you know what they plan to do is not okay, you should attempt to
dissuade, but you aren't the copyright police.

If there was actually a lawsuit, yes, they're going to start by naming
everybody -- the person, the library, the university... Now which party
do you think has the money?