Re: media copyright question

Julie Dinkins (dinkins@SONOMA.EDU)
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 14:01:05 -0700 (PDT)

I appreciate Rhonda's question and the subsequent answers. I hope
people feel they can always ask copyright related questions on this
mailing list. I've found it to be one of the most helpful aspects of
the list.

And now for my question...

We have a multimedia lab and one of our most popular applications is
iMovie. One thing patrons love to do is rip off professionally
produced music and images and incorporate them into their iMovies.

We want to put up signage that is a little more educational than the
boilerplate copyright information. Are any of you in this situation?
And if so, what sorts of notices do you post in your lab?

Thanks for any help,
jd

Julie Dinkins
Multimedia Dept Manager