Re: media copyright question

Francis C Poole (fpoole@UDel.Edu)
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:34:07 -0700 (PDT)

If the library provides a video to a faculty member or student who
then shows the video in violation of copyright law...who is responsible
and thus liable for the infringement? I'm specifically referring to a
situation where the video would be shown outside the library to a campus
audience though not in a strictly classroom--teaching situation. Thanks
for any followup responses. Francis Poole, Media Librarian, U of Delaware
Library