Studio Ghibli Films (was Re: public performance question)

Anne Bulin (
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:27:01 -0700 (PDT)

At 07:23 AM 10/1/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>If you want to show an official VHS, LD, or DVD to your club:
>Compose a letter asking Buena Vista Home Entertainment for permission.
>Include relevant details about your event.
>E-mail the letter to Team Ghiblink so that we can forward it to Buena Vista
>on your behalf.
>Mail the letter directly to Disney.

I just got off the phone with Swank's minion Movie Licensing USA. We have a
license with them that covers Disney and according to the rep I spoke to,
that also covers the Studio Ghibli films distributed by Disney. The
specific title I asked about was Sen to Chihiro, but there are others (such
as Kiki's Delivery Service). So, Swank/Movie Licensing would probably be
the best place to start for permission to show Studio Ghibli films, you'll
probably get a response from them faster than you would BVHE or Disney.


Anne Bulin, Technology and A/V Coordinator
Barrington Public Library
401-247-1920 x316
Fax: 401-247-3763