Re: public performance question

Jim Van Fleet (vanfleet@BUCKNELL.EDU)
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 07:23:34 -0700 (PDT)

At 06:57 AM 10/1/2002 -0700, Becky Albitz wrote:

>I am trying to track down permission to show the following video in an
>Asian film series. I tried Swank, but it appears they do not distribute
>Fox titles. The film is Tonari no Totoro (My Neighbor Totoro)

Check the following web page for details on the complicated
licensing of Studio Ghibli films, which are now being released through Disney:

Some details from that page:

How can clubs ask Disney for permission to show Studio Ghibli films?
We will not give out the contact information of our contacts at Disney,
Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Miramax Films, or Studio Ghibli without
their permission.
That said, we might be able to help by providing publicly released contact
information for BVHE and Studio Ghibli, or forwarding e-mail to them on
your behalf.
If you want to show an official VHS, LD, or DVD to your club:
Compose a letter asking Buena Vista Home Entertainment for permission.
Include relevant details about your event.
E-mail the letter to Team Ghiblink so that we can forward it to Buena Vista
on your behalf.
Mail the letter directly to Disney.

James A Van Fleet