RE: CD/DVD cleaning and repair

Bergman, Barbara J. (barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu)
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:09:34 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to figure out how to word a request for car wax on my supply
order to the front office... <grin>

-----Original Message-----
From: Les Moore [mailto:lmoore@wh-hcl.eclipse.net]
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 1:38 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: CD/DVD cleaning and repair

The March 1987 issue of "Consumer Reports" tried several
different
products for cleaning CDs, and came to the conclusion that Rally car wax
did the job as well and more cheaply than anything else. I've used it
many
times and I fully agree. I've also used Disc Doctor if Rally car wax
doesn't work, but usually without much success. If the car wax didn't
fix
the CD, then Disc Doctor usually won't either. I wipe the car wax on
from
the center out, let it dry, and wipe it off lightly, from the center
out.
It takes off fingerprints and dirt, and fills in small scratches very
nicely.

Leslie Moore
AV Librarian
Hunterdon County Library, NJ