RE: Shakespeare plays

Bustamante, Patricia - HPL (Patricia.Bustamante@cityofhouston.net)
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:45:57 -0700 (PDT)

We own it and it's used extensively by our customers. We recently purchased
the DVD version of that set and it is gaining popularity.
Patricia Bustamante
Video Department
Houston Public Library

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Duckworth [mailto:pauld@mail.sgcl.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 2:37 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Shakespeare plays

The BBC produced a series of Shakespeare plays in video back in
the early 1980's. The set is still available for $3700 from at
least one major vendor.

My question is: is this considered a definitive production? Is
it worth the expense? Has another producer done a more recent set
or one that might be less expensive?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide,

Paul

Paul Duckworth
Collection Development Coordinator
Springfield-Greene County Library District (Missouri)
417-874-8120 ext 223
417-874-8114 fax
pauld@mail.sgcl.org