RE: Shakespeare plays

Pamela S. Reeves (PReeves@uwyo.edu)
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:42:51 -0700 (PDT)

Paul,

We own it and it is used consistently. I believe it is worth the
expense, FYI it's available from Ambrose for $2500.00, it's also
available on DVD for $3000.00.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Duckworth [mailto:pauld@mail.sgcl.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 1:37 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Shakespeare plays

The BBC produced a series of Shakespeare plays in video back in
the early 1980's. The set is still available for $3700 from at
least one major vendor.

My question is: is this considered a definitive production? Is
it worth the expense? Has another producer done a more recent set
or one that might be less expensive?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide,

Paul

Paul Duckworth
Collection Development Coordinator
Springfield-Greene County Library District (Missouri)
417-874-8120 ext 223
417-874-8114 fax
pauld@mail.sgcl.org