RE: Spanish Videos

Katherine McGivern (kmcgivern@bergen.edu)
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 07:34:28 -0700 (PDT)

Here! Here! The price difference can really be amazing. I never order from Insight without checking elsewhere first!

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Albrecht [mailto:albrechs@wabash.edu]
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 10:01 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: Spanish Videos

I've been thinking of writing in on the topic of Insight Media but have
held my tongue (or, rather, fingers) until now. I feel the need to express
a HUGE concern regarding Insight Media.

Just this month alone, I have managed to order "Insight Media" titles from
other sources (typically their original source) for a total of $580
compared to the $1055 I would have had to spend ordering from
Insight. They send out nicely packaged, subject-specific brochures, which
profs love because they don't have to fight their way through a huge
catalog, but I've decided NEVER to order a title from IM w/o looking
elsewhere first. Occasionally the title has been reworked slightly (as in
Design of the Modern TheatER vs. Design of the Modern TheatRE), but they're
usually out there.

Caveat emptor!!

Susan at Wabash College

At 06:50 AM 9/12/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Insight Media has a sizeable collection of materials on Spain and Spanish
>literature. I would be happy to send you a catalogue. You can also check
>our webpage at www.insight-media.com and click on the Foreign Language page.
>
>Elana Joffe
>Insight Media, Inc.
>
>At 09:40 AM 9/12/02, you wrote:
> > Does anyone know of any particularly good videos and their sources in
> > English or Spanish dealing with the history of Spain, Medieval Spain, or
> > about Don Quixote, or Lazarillo de Tormes. I'm also interested in media
> > distribution sources (paper catalog or web based catalog) that deal with
> > Spanish topics in general (preferably Iberian peninsula Spain not Latin
> > American) in Spanish or English.
> > I've already looked at Facets' Spanish Video Catalog.
> > Please post your responses to the list. Thank you for your help. We
> > have new Spanish instructors and they are looking for new materials.
> >

> >Dave Ofiara
> >
> >Media Librarian
> >
> >Adirondack
> >
> >Community College