Re: Front Row Entertainment

Sergio Angelini (sergio@bufvc.ac.uk)
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 07:33:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hello there,

Re: ZULU on DVD

If you can play multi-region discs, then a new Region 2 (PAL) DVD of ZULU is
being released in the UK on November 4 by Paramount which will definitely be
better than any of the US releases as they are all public domain, while
Paramount, who has UK rights, has gone to a lot of trouble of creating good
video masters.

The disc will have a new documentary on the making of the film and a running
commentary by Dr Sheldon Hall who is currently writing a book on the film.

Paramount recently released ALFIE and THE ITALIAN JOB in the UK and both
offered exceptional visual and audio quality - the same company that made
the extras for THE ITALIAN JOB handled the ones for the ZULU disc.

The only US release of any merit was the Criterion LaserDisc.

Regards,

Sergio Angelini

Library and Database Manager
British Universities Film and Video Council
77 Wells Street
London
W1T 3QJ
Tel: 020 7393 1506