RE: PAL Conversions

Evershed, Julie (evershed@umich.edu)
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 08:13:56 -0700 (PDT)

If you have legal representation (that specializes in intellectual property) available to you at your institution, check with them. I have gotton the go ahead to migrate the media to different formats depending on the circumstances.

Good Luck,
Julie

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Hansen [mailto:rchansen@popmail.colum.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 10:55 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: PAL Conversions

Kim, as far as I knew it does hold true for "archival" copying. When
trying to copy 16mm prints to video at Flaxman we were required to get
permission from every copyright holder. Needless to say, we only ended
up copying titles that were in the public domain, which were very few.
roland.

--
Roland C. Hansen
Head of Access Services