Re: Living in a reverse world, EJ Mauthner

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 04:00:06 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Laura,

I do not know if this title is still available. But according to this
entry contained at the end of this text it seems to have been published
on your campus
http://arxiv.org/ftp/physics/papers/0110/0110036.pdf
T. Erismann, E.Kohler: Living in a reversed world [Film], University
Park Pennsylvania: PCR: Films and Video in the Behavioral Sciences
(1958)

According to the central library catalogue in Austria it has been
published by the editors PACHER UND PEITHNER (Innsbruck, 1954 - they
seem to exist any more). Here is the entry:

Living in a Reversed World : some experiments on how we see the
directions of things / produced under the supervision of Professor Dr.
Theodor Erismann and Professor Dr. Ivo Kohler of the Institute of
Experimental Psychology of the University of Innsbruck (Austria) ;
Translation of Titles and Narration by James J. Gibson, Cornell
University . - Innsbruck : Pacher und Peithner , 1954 . - 1
Videokassette
(VHS, PAL, 11 Min.): schwarz-weiß, dt. Komm.

If you do not succeed in the US there is perhaps is a small chance to
get this title from the former producer BUNDESMINISTERIUM FÜR UNTERRICHT
called now: "Bundesministerium für Bildung, Wissenschaft und Kultur".
They sell their media via this adress (info dates from the year 2000!).
You might try to contact them if this title is still available:

AMEDIA-Bestellbuero
Sturzgasse 1a
1141 Wien
Austria
Tel.: 00431/ 982 13 22/310
Fax.: 00431 / 982 13 22/311
e-mail: amedia@cso.co.at

Entry in WorldCat is as follows:

Title: Living in a reversed world
Author(s): Mauthner, E. J.
Corp Author(s): Austria.; Bundesministerium für Unterricht.
Publication: Austrian Ministry of Education,; Vienna,; 1958.; Made by
Pacher & Peithner.;
Released in the U. S. by E. J. Mauthner,; 1959
Language:English Standard No: LCCN: fia 59-1183
Abstract: Experiments with inverting spectacles performed by professors
Th. Erismann and I. Kohler of Innsbruck University, demonstrate that
human seeing is not based on the eyes alone, but is connected with the
senses of touch and gravity.

Note(s): One of a series of films based on experiments performed at the
Institute of
Experimental Psychology at the University of Innsbruck.

These two libraries own this item (16mm):
CA COSUMNES RIVER COL CCR
NY CITY COL, CUNY ZX

Good luck!

With kind regards