RE: My Distributor Rant...

Tatar, Becky (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:43:15 -0700 (PDT)

Here, here! I have a incomplete set of the Cold War by CNN, for the same
reason - except someone stole one of the tapes and walked out with it. Same
thing with the Hermitage Art series - one tape missing, then the rights
change hands, and the new owners repackage the set. GRR.

Also, congrats to Jessica and Kino - Michael Wilmington of the Chicago
Tribune gives their restored Metropolis 4 stars in the 8/16/02 Tribune!

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals, Audiovisual
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street
Aurora, IL 60505
PHONE: 630-264-4100
FAX: 630-896-3209
www.aurora.lib.il.us
E-mail: bltata@aurora.lib.il.us

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaeschke, Myles [mailto:mjaesch@tulsalibrary.org]
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 9:33 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: My Distributor Rant...

I am sick of purchasing entire sets of videos or DVDs as replacements when a
single tape from a series is ruined, stolen, lost, etc. Is it really that
difficult for distributors to offer individual tapes for sale? I understand
the fact that we, as purchasers of films for libraries, are a very small
portion of sales compared to the general buying public and that most
consumers will never need to buy a replacement. Even so, I do not see
the why video distributors cannot make available the same videos for sale
individually it addition to being sold as a complete set.

Now that I have that off my chest I'd like to make a plea to Jessica to
please sell me a copy of The Movies Begin a Treasury of Early Cinema
1894-1914 Volume 1 on DVD. Our copy of this volume was recently stolen.

Thanks for reading--back to lurker status I go.

Best Regards,
Myles Jaeschke
Tulsa City County Library
Film Librarian