Re: techtv computer videos

James Scholtz (jimscholtz@sdln.net)
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:05:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Renee, I review a lot of the computer videos for Booklist and can tell
you that the Tech TV videos are above average in terms of content and
technical production quality. They are slickly produced an engaging to
watch. Specifically the "How to Build a Website" program (which will be
reviewed in an upcoming issue of BKL - I just received the video for review
and have looked at it already). When cataloging it, if your library uses
the 856(? not sure of the tag number off-hand) for web links - you should
add the weblink mentioned in the video so that the patron can click on it
and go right to it for assistance and extra content information - it is
extremely helpful. Jim Scholtz.

At 05:13 PM 8/13/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Is anyone familiar with these computer videos? I don't remember reading
>any reviews but the information from Instructional Video does make them
>sound very attractive. I am thinking about ordering techtv Computer
>Basics and How to Build a Website. Any information on these videos would
>be appreciated.
>
>Renee Zurn
>Duluth Public Library
>520 W. Superior St.