Re: Fwd: suggestions for titles for our Center in China

Tom Hyland (tom@frif.com)
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:14:26 -0700 (PDT)

--=====================_5166234==.ALT

Dear Madeline,

First Run/Icarus Films has several Chinese and American culture
documentaries that may be of interest. I have taken the liberty of listing
a few recent titles with links to our web pages :

Chinese Culture -

Swing in Beijing:
http://www.frif.com/new2001/swing2.html

Sunrise over Tiananmen Square:
http://www.frif.com/new99/sunrise.html

China: Unleashing the Dragon:
http://www.frif.com/cat97/a-e/china__u.html

Once Removed:
http://www.frif.com/new2000/once.html

We will also be releasing a video, Letters From Home, which is not yet on
our website; here is a brief description:

This personal documentary chronicles the journey of Colleen Leung as she
delves into a startling family secret. Her grandfather, a Chinese immigrant
who became a successful businessman and raised a large family, was also a
husband and father to a second family in China. He supported his overseas
wife and children his entire life, but kept them a secret from his
grandchildren.
Shocked to discover the existence of this family of strangers, Leung
travels to China to unravel an astonishing story.

American Culture:

Family Name:
http://www.frif.com/new97/family_na.html

Dreamland:
http://www.frif.com/new2001/dream.html

Investigation of a Flame:
http://www.frif.com/new2001/inv.html

We could easily list many more titles, so please feel free to review our
website - www.frif.com; you can search by subject, such as American Studies.

Finally, we distribute several academy award nominated documentaries:

After Stonewall (along with Before Stonewall)

War Photographer (currently in theatrical release) -
http://www.frif.com/new2002/warp.html

Harlan County USA (National Registry list AND Academy Award winner!)

We are in the midst of publishing a new 2003 Catalog, which we will be
mailing to customers this Fall; we will be sure to send one to your attention.

Kind Regards,

Tom Hyland
First Run/Icarus Films
32 Court Street, 21st Floor