Repeating ads

Deg Farrelly (DEG.FARRELLY@asu.edu)
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:25:25 -0700 (PDT)

Stephen Davies wrote:

<< On a related note, I see the U.S. Congress is discussing PBS
announcements as they appear on air, and how they are looking more and more
like commercials.
See the Studio Briefing for today at:
http://us.imdb.com/StudioBrief/2002/20020710.html
The paragraph is headed "Longer Underwriting Announcements On PBS
Under Fire".>>

Personally, I enjoyed the ads that preceded the screening of "Frontier
House". In those the company talked about how the frontier settlers' lives
would have been better if only they had had disposable drinking cups, toilet
paper, and paper towels!

But notice that I can't remember the name of the sponsoring company.

deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
Media/Communications Studies/Women's Studies
Arizona State University West
P.O. Box 37100
Phoenix, Arizona 85069-7100
Phone: 602.543.8522