Re: 3/4" to DVD "transformations"

Gilles Poitras (gilles@exploratorium.edu)
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 09:53:38 -0700 (PDT)

At 3:43 PM -0700 7/8/02, Troy Davis wrote:
>I will most likely be using Final Cut Pro on a Dual GHZ G4 Mac with two
>80GB hard
>drives.

You will also need a way to get the data into the Mac. I recommend the Sony
Media converter DVMC-DA2 which does a good job of converting analog to
digital.

>Do you do a straight capture and then a straight export, no
>enhancement, no creative "chaptering?"

That would be up to you and the particular video.

Chaptering would be handy for some cases so viewers could jump to a
particular place.

Enhancements that could be useful that I can think of would include still
images related to the work, even of documents or a DVD-ROM section with PDF
files or HTML files that link to subject or author searches in your OPAC
etc.

Gilles Poitras gilles@exploratorium.edu
Learning Studio, Exploratorium Museum