Re: splicing videos

Amy Pawle (amy.pawle@simmons.edu)
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:25:31 -0700 (PDT)

--------------2D422D177F46963C91D2C10D

We do our repairs ourselves, and actually just use scotch tape. We then make a
duplicate of the original tape, to keep on hand in case the repaired one breaks
at an inopportune time. (Not sure about the legality of this.) I also try to
buy a replacement if possible. There haven't been any problems with it so
far. I prefer the scissors and scotch tape method to any slicing kit. I find
it's just as easy, and definitely cheaper!

Amy

Mike Boedicker wrote:

> Is it safe to splice videocassettes? A local video store fixes our broken
> videos if the break is at the very beginning or end and the tape can be
> reinserted back on to the reel. Since using their services we haven't had a
> tape break in the middle. I recall reading somewhere that splicing anywhere
> but the very beginning or end can screw up VCR heads. Any truth to this?
> And if it's safe to splice tapes, can anyone recommend a good kit? Thanks.
>
> Mike
>
> Mike Boedicker
> Audiovisual Director & Webmaster
> Danville Public Library
> 319 N. Vermilion, Danville, IL 61832
> (217) 477-5223 ext. 123 / Fax: (217) 477-5230
> mboedicker@hotmail.com
> http://www.danville.lib.il.us

--------------2D422D177F46963C91D2C10D

begin:vcard