Re: Did MPLC go out of business?

Anne Bulin (anne@barringtonlibrary.org)
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 08:21:58 -0700 (PDT)

At 07:55 AM 6/24/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Do both of them handle the SAME studios on their license
>( Warner, Disney, Paramount) etc ?

There is some overlap, such as Warner and Disney but the Swank license has
other studios not covered by MPLC like Paramount (a big one if you want to
do anything Star Trek), Dreamworks and Columbia (essential for our Rita
Hayworth program). The powers that be are probably going to make me drop
MPLC as they see it as a "duplication of service" which is sad, because
MPLC has a lot of the smaller studios, especially with anime.

On a different note, Swank was really pro-active (aggressive?) in getting
the word out on their new company. They contacted me, knowing I had an MPLC
license, so they probably did that with others.

Anne

Anne Bulin, Technology and A/V Coordinator
Barrington Public Library
http://www.barringtonlibrary.org
anne@barringtonlibrary.org
401-247-1920 x316