pirated copy alert (was: Re: Two Russian films)

Karen Gorss Benko (Karen.Gorss.Benko@williams.edu)
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 05:19:45 -0700 (PDT)

Rbcmp3.com is a rich source of inexpensive videos, and they deliver fast. The
only trouble is that in at least three cases, what they have delivered to us were
pirated videos. I know of another librarian who ordered from them *after* calling
on the phone to make sure their wares were legal and receiving assurances that
they were--and received a video that was obviously pirated, with no attempt to
hide it.

I will offer a caveat to the effect that they have now added Krupnyi Plan titles
to their web catalog, and as far as I know, KP offers only legal materials, so
maybe a change is afoot at rbcmp3.

Karen

--
Karen Gorss Benko