Re: Oral histories on film/video

Karen Gorss Benko (Karen.Gorss.Benko@williams.edu)
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 05:13:30 -0700 (PDT)

Just yesterday I cataloged two that might fit the bill:

Minnie Black's gourd band (1988) ($150)
An 89-year-old woman from Southeastern Ky. uses her home-grown
gourds to sculpt a fanciful bestiary as well as the
instruments for
the senior citizen gourd band she started. Shows Minnie
working on
her gourds, in performance with her band and at a meeting
of the
National Gourd Society

Nimrod Workman: to fit my own category (1975) ($195)
Nimrod Workman, a 78-year-old retired coal miner and ballad singer,
reminisces about early union organizing and his life as a
miner. He
also performs several songs

We bought them both from Appalshop films in Whitesburg, Kentucky. Our
order was faxed to 606-633-1009. I gave the prices we paid--that
includes public performance rights. I have no idea if these prices are
negotiable.

Karen

--
Karen Gorss Benko