Re: a question of searching...

Rhonda Rosen (scoutzmom@yahoo.com)
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:19:50 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to everyone who responded to my cataloging
query. I understand that there would be a problem
with other articles, etc. so what i proposed to our
cataloging dept. is that we just slip in alternate
titles for those 100 or so foreign title videos,
without corrupting the catalog at large, corrupting
AACR rules, without forcing patrons to limit up the
wazoo, etc.
I agree that patrons need better education about how
to search, but changing our education system in the
k-12 is not within my control. However, i feel that i
want patrons to be able to access my collection as
easily as possible, and from your responses, i think
the alternate titles is doable.
Thanks again --
Rhonda
--- Karen Gorss Benko <Karen.Gorss.Benko@williams.edu>