Re: OT but fun

Gilles Poitras (gilles@exploratorium.edu)
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:16:39 -0700 (PDT)

At 10:39 AM -0700 6/12/02, Jessica Rosner wrote:
>As you know Canada has VERY strict anti- pornography laws and a
>print we sent them of "8 1/2" got stopped at the border last year.

Friends in England had a similar experience with their personal order of
the anime series Blue Seed, which they had ordered from the US.

They told me that titles with the word 'blue' in them were highly likely to
be checked at the border as pornographic.

Now Blue Seed is a fantasy TV series about a young girl who had a blue gem
imbedded in her which gives her some powers. Well customs opened up the box
and viewed the tape, but not just the first one which would have told them
it was not objectionable but all 13 tapes. Someone obviously liked the
series.

My friends had no problem with customs agents being exposed to Japanese
entertainment, they did have to rewind the tapes tho'.

Gilles Poitras gilles@exploratorium.edu
Learning Studio, Exploratorium Museum