Re: a question of searching...

James Scholtz (jimscholtz@sdln.net)
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:56:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Rhonda, This is correctable. Actually, that may be a function of how
the OCLC/MARC records were input into your system, how your TS systems
interprets the rules and will be willing to change them and the sytem
defaults (and if they can be changed - I'm sure they can if you are not in
a consortuium)

As you probably know, the second indicator in the 245 and 246 fields
controls the alphabetization:

245 03 El Norte (indicating to the computer and alpha process that
El+space is to be ignored)

furthermore, Innovative may have a system default to not alphabetize by
initial articles (the system would have a NOT list) - your system
administrator could go in and change the list - be careful of masculine and
feminine articles in French/Spanish.

Jim Scholtz.