RE: tonight - another AFI special...

Trent Nicholas (Tnicholas@vmfa.state.va.us)
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:21:14 -0700 (PDT)

I second that emotion.

T. Nicholas
Statewide Media Resources
VMFA

-----Original Message-----
From: Oksana Dykyj [mailto:oksana@vax2.concordia.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 3:15 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: tonight - another AFI special...

My initial reaction is oh! puhleeeze, not again. I refuse to watch young
contemporary actors perform the part of film historian with "insight" into
a film, describing in detail a scene that means so much to them
"personally". I hope that they were at least sent a clip of the film with
their script... But then, I'm always in a minority. I'd rather see the
gaffer who worked on Casablanca talk about his experiences on the film
than to see Ozzie Osbourne talk about his choice for a romantic evening.

On the other hand, I think, well, that's not so bad, if it means that some
person out there, who hasn't watched a film older than from the period when
the/she was old enough to make a movie selection, decides to maybe seek out
an older film based on a recommendation from a popular celebrity. If they
saw the Casablanca gaffer, they'd switch to another channel.

But, on the third hand, enough is enough, what's next? 100 years, 100
diseases?

Sorry about the rant.

Oksana