Re: Silent films and public libraries

Gilles Poitras (gilles@exploratorium.edu)
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 14:31:57 -0700 (PDT)

At 1:54 PM -0700 6/7/02, Mike Boedicker wrote:

>What's a librarian with limited space &
>budget supposed to do when he offers excellent silents, foreign,
>alternative, independent, lots of nonfiction, etc, and markets the hell out
>of this great stuff ...

I'll take a risk at overly promoting an interest, er obsession, of mine and
suggest anime (Japanese animation).

Not yet really in the main stream but growing in popularity enough to
circulate well.

Just like cinema there is plenty of dreck but some gems exist.

I have a Recommended Anime, Manga and Books web site at:

http://www.koyagi.com/recommended.html

Included are 'cautions' as cultural differences and the fact that much of
the anime I recommend

Gilles Poitras gilles@exploratorium.edu
Learning Studio, Exploratorium Museum