FW: anti-globalization video titles?

John Hoskyns-Abrahall (John@bullfrogfilms.com)
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 09:24:37 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Mark Green,

Bullfrog distributes a lot of new titles on globalization. For a complete
list check out http://www.bullfrogfilms.com/subjects/globalization.html.

Perhaps the program that most succinctly looks at the arguments that were
raised by the protesters in Seattle is THE SEATTLE SYNDROME
http://www.bullfrogfilms.com/catalog/lsss.html. Amongst those featured in
the program are Naomi Klein, Francis Fukuyama, James Wolfensohn and Robert
Reich. The film is part of a 30-part series called LIFE which looks at the
efffect of globalization on individuals and communities around the world.
We are just now releasing a second series called CITY LIFE which looks at
the effect on cities around the world.

For outstanding films on the impact of globalization on a single country I
would recommend Stephanie Black's film about Jamaica, LIFE AND DEBT,
distributed by New Yorker Films
http://www.newyorkerfilms.com/newyorkerfilms/html/n_elements/life_debt_fl.pd
f, and John Pilger's look at Indonesia called THE NEW RULERS OF THE WORLD,
http://www.bullfrogfilms.com/catalog/new.html.

Good luck!

Yours,
John Hoskyns-Abrahall