Re: thanks on the silents!

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 05:47:27 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Videolibbers,
I can only agree to Rhonda. This list is really very useful. I have got
many good ideas for collection building in our silent movie section
(esp. Docks of New York, Show People, Our Dancing Daughters, Our Modern
Maidens).

For those who are interested in Jean Vigo again a proposal from Europe
(because of the format - PAL and region coded 2- rather for research
collections or inhouse use): You can get Jean Vigo complete, i.e. all
the 4 films he has made during his lifetime on a 2-disc DVD-publication
from
France, meticulously restorated and with interviews from François
Truffaut, Eric Rohmer, Bernardo Bertolucci, Lindsay Anderson, Henri
Langlois and a lot of extras (in french):
http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005TZHI/171-3039211-7561062

or:
http://www.fnac.com/Shelf/article.asp?PRID=1269103&SID=63D2BBBE%2DD850%2DABCB%2DC22F%2DF2986AB6220F&UID=&AID=&Origin=FnacAff&Pe=1&No=1&Fr=0&Mn=1&Ra=-3&To=0

or: