RE: My silent list

Anne Bulin (anne@barringtonlibrary.org)
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 10:43:13 -0700 (PDT)

At 08:25 AM 6/6/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I don't know about other public libraries. I know many of them focus more
>on feature films. We don't. Only about 15% of our budget is for feature
>films, which comes to about $2000.

Wow. $2000 is my entire adult AV budget, and that's for all formats, not
just DVD/VHS.

We also have more foreign, independent and silent films than popular
features (though we have some of those as well). The theory is, what movies
would our patrons likely not find at Blockbuster video. I'm happy to see
The Adventures of Prince Achmed recommended, I got looks when I ordered
that one.

Anne

Anne Bulin, Technology and A/V Coordinator
Barrington Public Library
http://www.barringtonlibrary.org
anne@barringtonlibrary.org
401-247-1920 x316