Re: Transit Film Germany

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:06:09 -0700 (PDT)

Oh, I know Jessica, I know. And you know that I know. I'm just hoping that
there will eventually be more of a market for silent films. I'm noticing
that a number of small towns, mostly around universities, are showing
silents with some sort of musical accompaniment. (I just stumbled upon a
series at the Vergennes Opera House in Vermont) they are apparently getting
pretty good audiences for these, mostly because of the musicians playing
for the films. But this may spark public library users to request silent
films. There may be a trickle down or up effect, depending on how you look
at it, and this, during our lifetime.

Oksana