Re: Transit Film Germany

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 12:13:43 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the information but looking at the silent titles in the video
series, it's always the same familiar films. Other than Asphalt I'm not at
all excited by the offerings. A great number of Lubitsch's silents have
already been restored and they are among the most interesting silent films
I have ever seen. THESE should be made available rather than Nosferatu and
Caligari etc. Shoe Salon Pinkus, When I Was Dead, The Oyster Princess, The
Doll, Romeo and Juliet in the Snow, The Wildcat, are great Lubitsch
candidates for expanding the knowledge of German silent film. Goethe
Institute co-sposored their screenings several years ago...

Oksana
At 10:52 AM 6/4/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear videolibbers,
>
>concerning my last mail about Metropolis dating from the 23rd of May
>Transit-Film has contacted me and told me that my not very kind words
>about Transit are not correct. And they are right as I see now. They
>will promote a lot of german silent films during the next months. That's
>good news for german video librarians. Many important german silent will
>be restorated within the next two years and will be published also in
>foreign countries. Please take a look on their website:
>http://www.murnau-stiftung.de/en/03-00-00-projekte.html
>A package of 10 silent films will be available this year via the Goethe
>Institutes (see the bottom of this site:
>http://www.murnau-stiftung.de/en/04-00-00-news.html )
>
>With kind regards
>Peter Delin/Videolektorat
>http://www.zlb.de/index.html

Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-3441
Faculty of Fine Arts
Concordia University
H-335, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec