Re: off topic--CD-ROM copyright

Tue, 28 May 2002 12:28:59 -0700 (PDT)

Depends on what "use in her classroom" means...

Certainly, display of images on CD-ROM materials in face-to-face teaching
falls squarely within fair use...the only glitch may be if the the disc is
LICENSED (which has nothing to do with copyright) for use on a single
processor or in a particular context.

At 11:55 AM 5/28/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi--this is a little off topic, but maybe someone can steer us to the
>information. The reference desk had a question from a teacher about CD-ROM
>copyright. This teacher was told by her school computer staff that she
>coudn't borrow library CD-ROMS to use in her classroom--even those we have
>designed for teachers. Can anyone help clarify this?
>Thanks,
>Karen Fischer
>AV Librarian
>Mansfield/Richland County Public Library
>Mansfield, OH

UC Berkeley, CA 94720-6000