RE: Metropolis versions

Tatar, Becky (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Tue, 28 May 2002 08:22:55 -0700 (PDT)

Jessica - even the Kino Collector's Version I purchased in 1996? (just
kidding! ;)

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals, Audiovisual
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street
Aurora, IL 60505
PHONE: 630-264-4100
FAX: 630-896-3209
www.aurora.lib.il.us
E-mail: bltata@aurora.lib.il.us

-----Original Message-----
From: Jessica Rosner [mailto:jrosner@kino.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 11:01 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: Metropolis versions

ALL The Current Versions are Bad and in fact all are also ILLEGAL
Kino just signed a deal to release the real & restored on VHS & DVD but it
will not be till early 2002. We are releasing in THEATERS first beginning on
July 28 in New York
Frankly we JUST signed the contract and the owners of the film , Transit
Films of Germany did NOTHING to stop the oodles of bootleg copies anyway
Needless to say we will but it is going to take a LONG time to get rid of
them. I suspect most of the PD companies releasing them, don't know and
don't want to know it is illegal. The WORST by far is the DVD out from
MADACY an EVIL, BOOTLEG company that releases Lots and lots of illegal films
in very bad quality

so please be patient and wait till around January and you will be able to
get a restored print which has been a major project for a decade or more
Alas parts of the film from its very FIRST release in 1927 are lost forever
but the version runs around 148 minutes and has the ORIGINAL orchestral
score

Jessica

--
Jessica Rosner