Re: Help finding a film

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Mon, 27 May 2002 06:22:08 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Fang,

as I see now, LE PROCES DE JEANNE D'ARC (1962) seems to be published on
DVD in Japan. In my publishing list it is called "The Process Of Jeanne
D'arc (1962)", published the 25th of April, 2000 (correct english title
is "The Trial of Joan of Arc"). I think it's the film made by Robert
Bresson you are searching for. Foreign films on DVD from Japan are
generally in original language with japanese subtitles, NTSC and region
coded 2. So you need a multi region player to use this DVD.

You might contact a dealer in the U.S. who offers DVD from Japan. This
is the site of our dealer in Germany
http://www.laserhotline.de/dvdjap.shtml. Another possibility is mail
order directly from Japan. It's a pity but Amazon Japan has no mail
order adress in latin letters on their website. Here is a japanese mail
order shop with an email adress in latin letters
http://www.koseido.com/index.html . A mail order website in english
languange you can find here: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/movie/fmovie/ .
But "Le procès de Jeanne d' Arc" is not in their database. You might ask
both of them if they can furnish this title. Good luck.

with kind regards
Peter Delin/ Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
http://www.zlb.de/index.html