RE: Current situation? "Color of Fear"

Boni, Bethyn A. M.L.S. (bboni@nycc.edu)
Tue, 21 May 2002 10:12:07 -0700 (PDT)

If I'm not mistaken, you may loan items you purchase, based on the doctrine
of first sale. There are no strings attached.
The "Doctrine of First Sale" (Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 109
<http://www.loc.gov/copyright/title17/92chap1.html>) which says that a
copyright holder's distribution rights of a specific copy of a work ends at
the first sale. The purchaser of that copy is free to sell, lease, loan or
give away the copy without violating the copyright owner's exclusive right
to distribute the work.
Bethyn
Bethyn A. Boni, M.L.S. New York Chiropractic College
Media Librarian 2360 State Route 89
e-mail: bboni@nycc.edu Seneca Falls, New York 13148