RE: Video Encyclopedia of the 20th Century

Pat McGee (pmcgee@tntech.edu)
Mon, 20 May 2002 13:50:20 -0700 (PDT)

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg SchoolSystem[NC] bought a copy of this for every
middle and high school in the system. Many of the teachers attended a 2 day
training session on how to use it-I was one of those in attendance. It was
not very user friendly--especially for middle school kids in the late 1980's
[1989 I think was when this happened]. In the 2 schools that I
taught-middle and high school-- from 1988 to 1995 I can remember only 2
times that the Video Encyclopedia was used. Many of us felt that resources
could have been used in more effective ways. The school system is one the
largest in the country, and the purchase represented a substantial outlay.
Don't know if they are still in CMS school collections, but if the poster is
interested, I may be able to find out.

Pat

Patricia B. McGee
Coordinator of Media Services