RE: Reference question

Glenda Pearson (pearson@u.washington.edu)
Wed, 15 May 2002 15:26:10 -0700 (PDT)

The University of Washington Libraries is also working on a film directory
to human rights documentaries, feature films and news shows. It is still
pretty raw, but you can take a look at it:
http://db.lib.washington.edu/hrfilms/

This directory is being developed to help faculty and students find films
on very specific human rights issues. We are creating a thesaurus of
terms which reflect the academic language used to describe particular hr
notions, i.e. state sponsored terrorism, disappeared persons, military
atrocities, etc.

The films are reviewed according to their appropriateness for college
level courses. We have about 60 films in the database so far, more are
added every week and figure that eventually we will have 400-500. Most of
the films are in the UW Libraries three campus media collections.

Glenda Pearson
Human Rights Librarian
Suzzallo Library
University of Washington