RE: CD/DVD scratch removal units

mnitz@apl.org
Tue, 14 May 2002 12:20:47 -0700 (PDT)

Mike,

Would you mind summarizing the results. I believe there are many of us who
would be interested in your findings.

Thanks
Michael

Michael Nitz
Technical Services Supervisor
Appleton Public Library
Appleton, WI 54911
mnitz@apl.org / www.apl.org / 920-832-6184

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Boedicker [mailto:mboedicker@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 2:11 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: CD/DVD scratch removal units

Has anyone had experience with the more expensive industrial-grade polisher
units which remove scratches from CDs & DVDs? Currently we use the
motorized version of Skip Doctor but would like to upgrade to something more

durable. The three units I know of are: RTI's DiscChek ; Azuradisc; and a
unit sold by Video Store Shopper, brand unknown. If you've used any of
these, I'd like to hear what you think. Reply to me off the list if you
prefer. Thanks!

Mike

Mike Boedicker
Audiovisual Director & Webmaster