RE: locating hard-to-find titles

Lonergan Lynn GS-11 AUL (Lynn.Lonergan@MAXWELL.AF.MIL)
Tue, 14 May 2002 11:41:17 -0700 (PDT)

The problem I have had with these vendors is that they frequently do not
actually have the items they list. Several times I have ordered a video (or
other material), had my credit card charged, and then been advised that they
cannot locate a copy. In at least three cases, the items are still--weeks
later--listed as available. Frustrating.

Lynn A. Lonergan
Chief, Acquisitions Section
Air University Library
600 Chennault Circle, MAFB AL 36112
Voice: 334.953.2509/ Fax: 334.953.1192

"Whoever was the person behind Stonehenge was one dickens of a motivator,
I'll tell you that." --Bill Bryson

-----Original Message-----
From: siena@blazenet.net [mailto:siena@blazenet.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 12:57 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: locating hard-to-find titles

I also just noticed that there are three copies of Billy Budd on Ebay, one
at a BUY NOW price of $36.99. All three copies on Ebay and the two
Half.com appear to be legit copies as they are listed as ex-rentals. If
they are not ex-rentals and/or not legit, there is always recourse at both
websites. And the copies on Half.com are under $30.00.

Rosanna O'Neil
Siena Library Company
2020 South Queen Street
York, PA 17403