Re: Latino portrayals

Susan Weber (sweber@langara.bc.ca)
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:03:55 -0700 (PDT)

Try this one. It's Canadian, eh?

TITLE: Crucero Crossroads / [videorecording] = a production of Snake Cinema.
PUBLISHER: Toronto : Mongrel Media, 1994.
SUMMARY: This satirical exploration of Latino/Hispanic identity and its
representation in North America uses a single actor with two stage personae
to highlight both ethnic stereotypes and the feelings of displacement
experienced by Latin Americans in Canada.
CREDITS: Producer, director, Ramiro Puerta; writer, Guillermo Verdecchia.
PERFORMERS: Performer, Guillermo Verdecchia.
SUBJECTS: 1) Latin Americans -- Canada -- Ethnic identity -- Drama.
2) Latin American Canadians -- Ethnic identity -- Drama.
3) Short films.
NOTES: Based on the play Fronteras americanas by Guillermo Verdecchia.
ADDAUTHORS: 1) Verdecchia, Guillermo. Fronteras americanas.
2) Snake Cinema.
ADDTITLE: Crossroads

At 02:48 PM 02/04/12, you wrote:

>I have a faculty member developing a course featuring films that portray =
>stereotypes of Latino cultures. West Side Story, Lone Star, La Bamba, =
>The Gay Desperado, Born in East L.A., Touch of Evil, and The Gaucho are =
>already on her list. Directions to lists on the web and additional =
>suggestions will be welcome.
>Thanks in advance,
>Gail B. Fedak
>Manager, Instructional Media Resources
>Middle Tennessee State University
>Murfreesboro, TN 37132
>phone 615-898-2740
>fax 615-898-2530
>email gfedak@mtsu.edu
>

>------=_NextPart_000_019B_01C1E241.FE940670

>I have a faculty member developing a = course=20 featuring films that
>portray stereotypes of Latino cultures. West = Side=20 Story, Lone Star,
>La Bamba, The Gay Desperado, Born in East L.A., Touch = of Evil,=20 and
>The Gaucho are already on her list. Directions to lists on the = web
>and=20 additional suggestions will be welcome.
>Thanks in advance,
>Gail B. Fedak
>Manager, Instructional = Media=20 Resources
>Middle Tennessee State University
>Murfreesboro, TN=20 37132
>phone 615-898-2740
>fax = 615-898-2530
>email <3d.htm>gfedak@mtsu.edu
>

>------=_NextPart_000_019B_01C1E241.FE940670--

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Susan Weber
Media Librarian
Langara College
Advanced Education Media Acquisitions Centre (AEMAC)
http://www.langara.bc.ca/aemac

Fast Forward Educational Media Showcase
May 8-9, 2002 http://www.langara.bc.ca/ffwd

100 West 49th Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia Canada V5Y 2Z6
Tel. (604) 323-5533 Fax. (604) 323-5475
email: sweber@langara.bc.ca