Re: Contact for Home Vision

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 07:12:21 -0800 (PST)

Dear Lisa,

your faculty member should do it in the way Jessica proposed. In Germany
there is no problem to run NTSC videos on PAL players. Most PAL video
players except some older ones are equipped to display NTSC videos, even
the cheapest ones. This sort of equipment is widespread. The output
format is called PAL 60. So no NTSC equipment whatsoever (monitors, TV
sets etc.) is needed. (By the way that's the reason that so many
Europeans buy videos via mailorder in the US, and libraries too!)

You faculty member should contact those who organise the conference to
furnish a VHS/PAL player that also displays VHS/NTSC videos.

I suppose it's the conference in the HERZOG AUGUST BIBLIOTHEK in
Wolfenbüttel (May 6th -8th). This is the website of the working group
that organises the conference:
http://www.hab.de/forschung/de/akreis/akbuch.htm
Your faculty member might contact Dr. Werner Arnold (email at the bottom
of the page) to furnish the equipment needed. As I see in the program,
the projection of the film STORM CENTER is planned May 7th - so there
is still plenty of time to arrange it.

With kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin