Re: what's in a name

Gregory Callahan (gregory_callahan@hotmail.com)
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:55:23 -0800 (PST)

Still since print is a medium it would seem to be something of a misnomer to refer to what has traditionally  been called AV as "media."  What's everything else in the library? Chopped liver?

I believe that when schools (elementary, middle and secondary) use the term "media center," they are referring to the entire library.  Semantically, I think that's as it should be.

Greg Callahan