Re: what's in a name

John Holland (jholland@chipublib.org)
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 07:15:07 -0800 (PST)

Unlike some of the other responses, I think "media" is the more dated, library
school term, and to the general public it means news reporting rather than
non-book materials. Since we changed our name from "Film & Video Center" to
"Media Express" (ask the administration what the Express means), we are getting
an increase of misdirected phone calls and patrons in person, all looking for
the newspapers.

--
John Holland
Librarian