Re: dance videos

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 07:36:30 -0800 (PST)

Dear Marcia,

if you did not yet succeed in locating the video "LA LECON" here are
some infos. The TV station in Europe John mentioned was DANMARKS RADIO.
The film won "Prix Italia" in 1963 for the best music (Georges Delerue
is the famous film composer of the Nouvelle Vague in the sixties in
France).

http://www.prixitalia.rai.it/english/engcos/engvincitori60-69.htm
Prix Italia for original musical programmes
La lecon, ballet and choreography by Flemming Flindt, music by
Georges
Delerue adapted from the play by Eugene lonesco. Danmarks Radio

Here are some more precise dates concerning the emission of DANMARKS
RADIO and the performance in the Royal Theatre of Copenhagen in 1962/63:

1963, 16 jan. "Enetime". Choréographie créée par Flemming Flindt au
Théâtre Royal de
Copenhague pour la télévision danoise. Mise en scène: Eugène Ionesco.
Musique: Georges
Delerue. Scénographie et costumes: Jens-Jacob Worsaae. Danseurs:
Flemming Flindt (le maître de ballet), Josette Amiel, Tsilla Chelton)
(found here: http://www.ionesco.org/lecon.html )

The danish word ENETIME means PRIVATE LESSON.

You might contact DANMARKS RADIO and try to get a copy.
http://www.dr.dk/omdr/english/Addresses/DR_addresses.htm
Kontakt dr.dk, TV-byen, 2860 Søborg. Tlf: +45 35 20 30 40. E-mail:
dr@dr.dk

With kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin