Re: Islamic film collection suggestions

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 05:56:50 -0800 (PST)

Dear Joan,

Going wild? Let's try it.

USA - NTSC:
http://www.arabfilm.com/
One of the most important distributors in the US. Please check the
titles. Many of them are available on video.

http://www.iranianmovies.com/

http://www.twn.org/
(please see Middle East)

http://www.docuseek.com/
(please see ADVANCED SEARCH and check subject: ISLAM= 22 hits, and
regions: MIDDLE EAST= 113 hits))

http://www.mediasleuth.com/msleuth/index.html
(try ISLAM= 25 hits)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/126/ref=br_vh_1_vah/002-5052660-7600805
(try amazon.com by COUNTRY and ORIGINAL LANGUAGE)

EUROPE/NEAR EAST - PAL: 2 important distributors in Europe with first
quality titles (and some rare ones):

http://www.trigon-film.ch/films/index.cfm?MC=1000
(Switzerland, original language with german subtitles)

http://www.cine3mondes.fr/
(France, original language with french subtitles - PAL or SECAM)

With kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
http://www.zlb.de/index.html