Re: Streaming Video

Judith Thomas (jthomas@virginia.edu)
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:26:54 -0800 (PST)

We are currently streaming Real, Quicktime and MPEG files of both audio
and video content. The material generally falls under one of three
categories: audio and video clips delivered in the context of classroom
instruction; student work created for courses in such areas as
filmmaking, media studies, drama or music; video and audio content
created by faculty as part of larger projects documenting specific areas
or fields of study (for example, see http://www.thdl.org). The video
files are delivered in various ways: some are rtsp streamed, some are
actually http fast-start, depending on the needs of any specific project.

Judith Thomas
Director, Robertson Media Center
Clemons Library
University of Virginia