Re: Streaming Video

Lorraine (llklok@hkucc.hku.hk)
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 19:51:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi Trippe,

Our ex-AV Librarian was testing the quality of streamed videos a few years
ago and we decided to buy a video charger last year. We started streaming
videos last June and we are streaming videos from a local television on our
Library server and those videos are copyrighted to allow us broadcast the
programs on the campus. Due to the technical problems, we are still
sorting out better alternatives so that we can broadcast those programs
beyond the Library. We also obtain video copy of lectures run by the
University with copyright cleared to be streamed. In fact, a few
institutions in Hong Kong are doing similar projects now.

my two cents

Lorraine Lok
AV Librarian
University of Hong Kong Libraries