RE: Streaming Video

Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:10:42 -0800 (PST)

Tripp,

Although I hope this will become a reality in the next few years for many
libraries, ours especially, I know of one academic website that is
streaming. I don't think (anytime soon) we will ever procure the rights to
stream commercial feature films, but rather those owned by the
department/institution; and those with distribution licensing rights. Take
a look at this site if you are interested:

http://www.imds.iupui.edu/

I hope it is helpful.

Monique Threatt
Reference Services and Media Librarian
Indiana University Bloomington
(812) 855-9857

-----Original Message-----
From: Tripp Reade [mailto:Tripp_Reade@ncsu.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 3:00 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Streaming Video

Hey, who's currently streaming video of any kind, either on a college campus
or
in a community? Who's streaming portions of feature films? If you are, or
know someone who is, I'd like to speak/correspond with you, or her, or him.

Cheers,

Tripp Reade
Media Resources Librarian
North Carolina State University Libraries
(919) 513-0017
tripp_reade@ncsu.edu