RE: Dealing with disturbing content

Carol Dunn (
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:40:00 -0800 (PST)

good one!

-----Original Message-----
[]On Behalf Of Jerry Notaro
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 1:29 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: Dealing with disturbing content

Jessica Rosner wrote:

> Needless to say it is a slippery slope from removing Requiem for a Dream
> to removing Triumph of the Will or American Beauty
> But here are my favorite "censorship" experiences

One of mine:

When I was in a small, Indiana town I visited the video collection of the
public library often. As is all to often the case, collection development
media was done by a paraprofessional because no librarian wanted the job.
When I
asked her if she was going to get Personal Best, which I had been waiting
she said no. After all, I am a mother," she said. My reply was, "Yes, but
not MY mother."